• Increase font size
  • Decrease font size
  • Print
  • RSS
  • Commercial Filming Permits

    Under Pima County Park Rules, all commercial activities conducted on county park lands require prior authorization. For commercial photographers this requires submitting a filming permit application for authorization of the commercial activity. The photographer is responsible for getting the permit and not the person being photographed. There is no fee for photography permits. However, insurance is required.

    There are two levels of permits

    Simple Photo Shoots

    For simple photo shoots, such as single-photographer, single-day, student, family, or wedding photo shoots, sport team photo shoots or class projects, the Pima County Film Permit Short Form (8/5/2021) can be used for the appropriate park. Please click on the embedded link above, fill out the form and send it to the mailing address or email address provided within the form.

    Complex Photo Shoots

    For more complex photo shoots involving multiple crew, multiple locations, specialty equipment, potential road impacts, special effects, building or facility impacts or closures, please visit the web page maintained by the Pima County Department of Attractions and Tourism for Filming/Still Photography Special Use Permits. From this portal, your permit will be coordinated with the Tucson Film Office and various county departments, such as Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation, Transportation, Health, Sheriff’s Office, etc. to coordinate a response and issue a final county-level permit. If the filming occurs on county park lands, a Right of Entry from Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation will be issued as part of the approval process.

    Photographers are encouraged to complete and submit the application forms in well in advance, at least 10 working days prior to the photo shoot. Requests that come in with a shorter turn-around time can often not be accommodated.

    Individual non-commercial photography activities for personal use on the county park lands do not require a permit.

    At this time the photography permits are free of charge.
    Follow UsShare this page

    Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation

    3500 W. River Road
    Tucson, AZ 85741

    (520) 724-5000

    Department Home Page
    Department News
    Department Directory
    Department Feedback Form
    Department Calendar
    Search Maps
    Public Works Quick Guide
    Boards, Commissions and Committees