• Increase font size
  • Decrease font size
  • Print
  • RSS
  • Real Property Services (Real Estate)

    About Us:

    The Real Property Services division appraises, acquires, sells and manages properties already owned by Pima County. Along with those duties, our division also handles "Right of Way" Conveyances which include "Abandonment of Road", "Grant of Easements", and "Release of Easements". For a more in depth description of which section handles each "Area of Responsibility", see the "Real Property Sections" Tab.

    Public Works

    Areas of Responsibility

    • Property Acquisitions
    • Licenses
    • Lease Property 
    • Telecommunication Licenses 
    • Abandonment of Right-of-Way
    • Easement Grants/Public Sewer Easement Dedications
    • Release of Easements
    • Permission to Use Easements 
    • Sale of Surplus and Treasurer Deeded Properties 
    Please see our Services Directory to contact each area of responsibility.

    Acquisition Section:

    Acquires properties on behalf of Pima County for roads, sewers, parks, flood control projects, and governmental centers. Prepares right-of-way deeds, easements, and other legal documents. Provides relocation services to persons affected by property acquisitions. Manages, leases, sells, and maintains an inventory of County-owned properties. Administers properties deeded to the State of Arizona for delinquent taxes.




    Our office works closely with constituents of Pima County, utility companies, engineering and development companies, along with other departments within the county on certain requests for conveyance of “Right of Way”. Frequently, these requests for conveyance are related to Easements or Public Roadways. Listed below are the three (3) application forms used in our office to properly convey “Right of Way”: 

    Each form has a separate purpose and fee schedule. For further details, contact our office.

    About Licenses:

    In the Real Property Services Division, Licenses are used to maintain encroachments along Pima County owned roads and other subsequent parcels. For Example, if an entrance wall of a Homeowner's Association were to encroach a Pima County owned road, the owner or developer would need to submit a License Application along with its subsequent fee.

    If a requested License for Encroachment includes Landscaping of any kind, please refer to Pima County Department of Transportation's Landscape Manual

    If a License already exists within our department and it has expired, the responsible party for the encroachment would need to submit a License Renewal Application along with its subsequent fee. 

    The above mentioned forms are provided below:

    License Forms:


    Fifth Amend to NonExclusive ROW License.pdf

    Properties for Lease:

    The following properties are vacant, and ready for tenants! If you are interested in learning more about the rental process, please refer to the contacts listed in the Service Directory tab, under "Property Management".

    Vacant Properties:

    • 3420 E. River Road, Tucson, AZ 85718
    • 7181 E. Pintail Drive, Tucson, AZ 85750
    • 7261 E. Cripple Creek Drive, Tucson AZ 85750

    Treasurer's Deed Sales:


    Surplus Property

    Property for sale:

    When there are properties for sale, and you are interested in purchasing either of the properties, the bidding process, or assistance with any of the forms listed below, please contact our office.



    More to come...
    Follow UsShare this page

    Real Property Services

    Public Works Center
    201 N. Stone Avenue, 6th Flr.
    Tucson, AZ 85701

    Phone: (520) 724-6313
    Fax: (520) 724-6763

    Department Home Page
    Department Directory