• Increase font size
  • Decrease font size
  • Print
  • RSS
  • Reporting and Complaints

    Report instances of animal neglect or cruelty at (520) 724-5900.
    Our law enforcement officers see many stories of heartbreak.
    • A homeowner came to repair his property after tenants left, only to find dogs left behind in the backyard in the summer heat for several days.
    • Fire officials arrived at work to find puppies at the entrance, abandoned.
    • Nearly 20 dogs, 15 cats and 7 birds all kept in crates in a small trailer, wading in inches of feces.
    If it wasn’t for the 22 field officers, who cover an average of 8,000 miles every week to enforce laws and ordinances across the County, those animals likely wouldn’t have been helped.

    Enforcing leash law violations and picking up strays helps ensure animals aren’t left to breed unchecked, compounding the problem of homeless animals and causing hazards in neighborhoods.

    Our officers also respond to calls about animal bites and suspected rabies, as well as noise and waste complaints.
    And they’re there seven days a week, including holidays, providing 24-hour emergency service.

    If you are a resident of Marana or Sahuarita, your town is now handling your reporting and complaints, please visit our FAQ's to learn who you should contact.

    Some of the more common requests for service are below in tabs:

    Animal mistreatment

    The law requires adequate food, water, shelter and medical attention. It is against the law to leave an animal inside a hot motor vehicle.

    Loose dogs

    Dogs must be confined on the owner's property and otherwise restrained or on a leash. Tie-outs are prohibited.
    Due to a high volume of calls, PACC may not be able to respond to calls about loose dogs unless they meet one of the following conditions:
    • the dog is aggressive or has bitten someone;
    • the dog is on or very near school grounds;
    • the dog's address is known by the caller
    Any City of Tucson dog impounded at large more than once within any twelve month period shall be altered at the owner's expense, before it is released from PACC. Report a loose animal

    Animal Bites

    Report instances of animal bites to Pima Animal Care Center at (520) 724-5900 if you are located in the Southwest area of Pima County.

    Noise Complaints

    The following is the current animal noise complaint enforcement process and meets the administrative hearing requirements of proof that the noise disturbs "the public peace, quiet or comfort of the neighboring inhabitants."

    Waste Complaints

    The process for reporting unsanitary premises or solid animal waste left on public or private property without permission of the propery owner.

    Deceased Animal Pickup

    Call the Pima Animal Care Center to report deceased animals on public property and along roadside. Be prepared to provide as much information as possible as to the location of the animal. Please note the address, north/south/east/west side of street, near median, shoulder, etc. The Pima Animal Care Center cannot pick up dead livestock.

    School Grounds

    Report a loose dog on school grounds at (520) 724-5900.

    Except for police dogs, service dogs and dogs participating in a formal school activity or event - no person shall bring a dog on school grounds, regardless of whether it is on a leash.

    Follow UsShare this page

    Animal Care Center

    4000 N. Silverbell Rd.
    Tucson, AZ 85745

    (520) 724-5900

    Weekdays: Noon - 7 p.m.
    Weekends: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

    Ajo Substation:
    1259 Well Road
    Ajo, AZ 85321

    (520) 387-7502

    Ajo Substation Hours:
    11 a.m.-1 p.m. MWF
    4:30-6:30 p.m. W

    Adopt a Pet at the Pima Animal Care Center
    Donate to Pima Animal Care Center
    Foster a Pet at the Pima Animal Care Center
    Department Home Page
    Department News
    Department Directory
    Department Feedback Form
    Report a problem
    Department Calendar
    Boards, Commissions and Committees
    Newsletter Signup
    Public Records Request